You will need:
- various leaves of different shapes and sized
- crayons (we used earthy and fall colors - orange, red, yellow and green)
1. Take a walk with your child. Allow him to carry a small basket/bag that he can add various leaves to throughout your walk. Depending on the age of your child, you may end up with rocks and sticks and other random items, but that's okay! If you know what the things are, explain to your child what they are and where they come from. If you have an older child, take the time to look up the things you've collected and learn something together such as facts about the trees, etc.
2. At home, lay a leaf on it's front where the rougher side is face up. Place a piece of paper gently over it.
3. Peel the paper off of the crayons you will be using to make your prints and lay the crayon on it's side on the paper over the leaf. Press the crayon into the paper as you color and voila! You have your leaf prints.