ShareThis

Saturday, October 13, 2012

DIY Lamp Bats!


These bats are super simple and can be done in minutes to make any lighter colored lamp festive for Halloween!

You will need:
- black construction paper (or you could look up "free bat clip art" on Google and print out some bats)
- scissors
- tape
- a knife or fork or anything you may have laying around to poke eyes into your bats with

I free hand drew my bats in different sizes onto construction paper and then cut them out, but, I also don't have a printer. If I did, I may have just Googled some "free bat clip art" and printed some out in various sizes. No matter what you choose, once you have your bats either on your computer paper or your construction paper, poke little eyes into them.

I would have loved to have had an exacto-knife to make the eyes super simple and perfect, but it turns out I don't have one of those either! I used the very tip of a steak knife to get the "evil" slanted eye effect on my bats, but you can use whatever you have available that is sharp enough to poke holes for eyes. Once your bats can see, cut them out.

At first I just folded a little piece of tape onto itself and stuck it to the belly of each of my bats and then to the inside of my lamp. After a few days the wings started folding back from the heat of the lamp, so I'd suggest putting a little piece of tape on each wing too. And that's it! It's that simple! I can't wait until my daughter is old enough to make bats of her own to decorate our house with!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or suggestion to help Mother Bear provide a greater experience here for you!