ShareThis

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Cheesecake with blueberry star and strawberry topping


I love cheesecake and I love strawberries. I also love blueberries and their health benefits. For this fourth of July, I decided to combine the three in a patriotic desert and this is what I came up with! It is delicious! You can make your cheesecake from scratch, or you can cheat like I did today and use a boxed mix. I can't tell the difference, and it can be done and ready to eat in less than an hour.

You will need:
- one no bake cheesecake box mix (and it's listed ingredients)
- approx. one small carton of strawberries
- approx. one medium carton of blueberries

Simply make your cheesecake according to the box (or home make it - possibly the healthier choice) and once it's ready for serving, top it off with a blueberry star surrounded by chopped strawberries! I contemplated only quartering the strawberries. I think it may have made for a better presentation, though this was probably easier to eat. Hey, maybe you could even make the star out of halved strawberries with a whipped cream center! The possibilities are delicious!

Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or suggestion to help Mother Bear provide a greater experience here for you!