ShareThis

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Fun fruit skewer snacks


This fun and healthy snack has been a hit with my daughter and her friends time and time again! The protein in this kid-friendly snack keeps energy levels high until dinnertime, and did I already mention, it's fun! We've used them not only as healthy snacks, but as learning tools to learn our fruits and shapes too.

I suggest that if you have a younger child to strap them into a safety seat before giving them anything on a pointy skewer, or simply cut the sharp ends off after you've arranged your snacks on the skewer. You can use any small cookie cutter shapes and any fruits you'd like, so get creative!

For the skewers I made in the photo above, you will need:
- blueberries
- raspberries
- honeydew melon
- watermelon
- colby jack cheese
- small sized cookie cutters
- thin wooden skewers


It's super easy once you have your ingredients! Just cut your melons and cheese into thin slices and use the small cookie cutters of your choice to cut out shapes. Slide your fruits and cheese onto the skewer and they're ready to eat!

When I cut up my fruit I went ahead and made shapes out of all of it and stored the shapes in plastic containers. I was able to continue making skewers from the fruit throughout the week or simply give the kids pieces of fruit in fun shapes! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or suggestion to help Mother Bear provide a greater experience here for you!